7th Grade Class Trip 2019
Onteora Middle School
Dear Students, Parents and Guardians,
Though the school year has just begun, the time to start thinking about the seventh-grade trip to Washington, D.C., our nation’s capital, has arrived. Our scheduled dates are May 15th, 16th and 17th.
Some highlights of the trip will include:
- Arlington National Cemetery including: Changing of the Guards
- U.S. Capitol Building
- Library of Congress
- A picture stop at the White House and Lafayette Park
- Smithsonian: Air and Space, American History, African American History and Natural History Museums
- WWII , Vietnam, Lincoln, Korean, Thomas Jefferson, and Martin Luther King, Jr Memorials
- National Zoo
- Dinner cruise on the Potomac River
The cost of the trip includes dinner on Wednesday, all meals on Thursday, breakfast and lunch on Friday, all hotel accommodations, as well as transportation and admission to all sites. You will be responsible for sending your child with a bagged lunch on the day of the trip for lunch.
Because this trip is part of the seventh-grade curriculum, the district shares the expense. You are responsible for $262. The trip is broken down into installments over the next four months. If your family needs support to afford the trip and make sure your child does not miss this opportunity, please contact me at email@example.com or 657-2373.
It is necessary for you to sign your child up on-line to reserve his/her spot. To do so follow the directions below:
- Go to: www.etadventures.com
- Click the green box that says: Log in to myETA
- Enter trip code: onteora19
- Enter the last name of the student and Click “Make a new reservation”
- 4 people will be sharing a room (quad) Continue
- This will show you the $262 total for the quad continue
- Enter your child’s information. The email you supply will be the contact used for payment reminders. Do not enter your child’s email *continue reservation*
- You will need to choose: “Continue to make an on-line payment” or “pay by check” for the deposit. (You are welcome to pay in full at any time.)
There will be a mandatory parent meeting on March 13th (snow date March 20th) at 6:30 in the cafeteria. If you do not attend the meeting, your child will not attend the trip. Mark your calendars NOW!
All reservations need to be made by October 19thth. If you have any difficulty with this process or questions about the trip, please email me or call the middle school office.
This trip is a fabulous opportunity for students to experience so much of what they learned throughout the school year in a real-world application. In three days, they are exposed to places and people who will shape their academic and social growth for a life time. I look forward to another great trip!