Washington, DC 7th Grade Trip
March 1, 2020
Due to new guidelines from Ulster County Department of Health, the parent meeting for students attending the Washington, D.C. field trip is rescheduled for April 15. It will be held at 6:30 P.M. in the cafeteria.
September 25, 2019
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Though the school year has just begun, the time to start thinking about the seventh grade trip to Washington, D.C., our nation’s capital, has arrived. Our scheduled dates are May 13th, 14th and 15th.
Some highlights of the trip will include:
- Arlington National Cemetery, including Changing of the Guards
- U.S. Capitol Building
- Library of Congress
- A picture stop at the White House and Lafayette Park
- Smithsonian: Air and Space, American History and Natural History
- WWII, Vietnam, Lincoln, Korean, Thomas Jefferson, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorials
- National Zoo
- Dinner cruise on the Potomac River
The cost of the trip includes dinner on Wednesday, all meals on Thursday, breakfast and lunch on Friday, all hotel accommodations, as well as transportation and admission to all sites.
Because this trip is part of the seventh grade curriculum, the district shares the expense. You are responsible for $300. Your child’s registration and deposit of $99 are due by 10/25. The second payment of $99 is owed on 11/25/19, and the final payment on 1/25/20. If your family needs support to afford the trip and make sure your child does not miss this opportunity, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 657-2373. You are welcome to make larger payments or pay in full at any time.
It is necessary for you to sign your child up on-line to reserve his/her spot. To do so follow the directions below:
- Go to: www.etadventures.com
- Click the green box that says: Log in to myETA
- Enter Trip code: onteora20 Password: wastrip20
- Enter the last name of the student and Click “Make a new reservation”
- 4 people will be sharing a room (quad) Continue
- This will show you the $300 total for the quad continue
- Enter your child’s information. The email you supply will be the contact used for payment reminders. Do not enter your child’s email *continue reservation*
- WRITE DOWN YOUR RESERVATION # - you will need this to make additional payments. If you are unable to put down the deposit, click “Logout” at the top. The reservation will be saved with non-payment noted.
- Once you have completed your reservation, you will come to a page with tabs at the top, click on the "Passengers" tab.
On the Passengers tab, click on the "Waiver Incomplete View/Edit" button. Complete all required information in the Waiver. You can log out and log back in to finish the waiver at a later date using your reservation number.
There will be a mandatory parent meeting on March 11th (snow date March 18th) at 6:30 in the cafeteria. If you do not attend the meeting, your child will not attend the trip. Mark your calendars NOW!
All reservations need to be made by October 25th. If you have any difficulty with this process or questions about the trip, please email me or call the middle school office.
This trip is a fabulous opportunity for students to experience so much of what they learned throughout the school year in a real-world application. In three days they are exposed to places and people who will shape their academic and social growth for a life time. I look forward to another great trip!